WHAT IS KANTHA?
- Kantha simply means ” patched Cloth”, it refers to tradition of producing unique and quilted blankets, Throws or other beautiful handmade items from recycled clothes.On these old fabric, a straight stitch runs which is popularly knows as Bengali embroidery. For more details, Check ” What is Kantha” .
WHERE DOES KANTHA ORIGINATE?
- Kantha is a traditional type of embroidery originates in Indian states of West Bengal and Odisha, along with Bay of Bengal. For this reason, it is also considered Bengali Gudari or Bengali Quilts.
ARE THESE ALL HANDMADE?
- All of our kantha products are handcrafted produced in different States of India like West Bengal and Rajasthan.
CAN THESE BE USED FROM BOTH SIDES?
- Yes, these vintage Kantha Quilts are handmade and can be used from both sides. These are Reversible in nature.
OF HOW MANY LAYERS THESE VINTAGE QUILTS ARE MADE FROM?
- These vintage kantha quilts are made from 3 layered old saris and thus are heavy.
CAN THESE QUILTS BE CUSTOMIZED?
- No, Since these quilts are made from vintage sari material these cannt be customized. All of these are unique in themselves and no quilt can be made exact same.
CAN I PLACE CUSTOM SIZE ORDER FOR KANTHA CUSHION COVERS?
- Yes, For Cushion Covers, We do customization is size or color based on customer requirement and order size.
DO YOU PROVIDE WHOLESALE PRICING?
- Yes, we do provide Wholesale Prices for bulk buying. Please write us on : email@example.com for Wholesale Buying.
ARE THESE WASHED BEFORE SENDING OUT?
- The cotton saris are washed before making the blankets. We wash each of our quilt before sending to customer.If there is any remaining scent, simply throw it in the wash (cold, gentle, tumble on low) or hang it out to air (or dry clean for silk blends).
HOW THESE CAN BE WASHED?
- To maximize the life of your blanket, for cotton items we recommend machine washing on a cold, gentle cycle, then hang drying or tumbling on low.
Disclaimer – As these are made from old/vintage clothes, there may be chance of few Staines or Odour, Kindly consider these as part of uniquness. We check each and every quilt before dispatching but in few cases if you found then cosider as a part of their charm.
For more queries, do write us : firstname.lastname@example.org